When Young Sanjay Dutt 'Proposed' to Saira Banu: A Heartwarming Memory

On Sanjay Dutt's birthday, July 29, yesteryear actress Saira Banu shared a delightful story from his childhood. Taking to Instagram, she reminisced about the time when a young Sanjay “proposed” to her, capturing the sweet bond they've shared over the years.

Saira Banu wished Sanjay Dutt on his 65th birthday with a heartwarming note.
Saira Banu wished Sanjay Dutt on his 65th birthday with a heartwarming note.


Saira posted a touching photo of Sanjay with her late husband, the legendary Dilip Kumar, and wrote, “@duttsanjay has always been like family to me. From Ammaji to Aapaji, to Sahib, and to me, we’ve watched him grow from a tiny toddler into the remarkable person he is today.”

Saira and Dilip Kumar enjoyed a close relationship with Sanjay’s parents, Sunil Dutt and Nargis Dutt. She recalled, “When Nargis Aapa would come to our house for functions, he would accompany her – this cute, good-looking kid… Nargis Ji would then shake his hands and say, ‘Chalo, Saira Ji ko bolo tum kya bolte ho mujhe? (Tell Saira ji, what you keep telling me)’. And then Sanju would look at me and say, ‘Main Shaila Banu se shaadi karunga’ (I’ll marry Saira Banu) in a cute little voice. So adorable! I believe Sharmila Tagore and I were Sanju’s top favorites.”

She concluded her heartfelt note with, “Many hands make light work. We’ve all cherished being part of his journey. He holds a special place in my heart. With all my love and blessings, I wish him a very happy birthday.”

Sanjay Dutt, who turned 65 on Friday, was recently seen in a cameo in Shah Rukh Khan’s Jawan. He will next appear in filmmaker Prem’s multilingual pan-India film KD – The Devil, where he is introduced as ‘Dhak Deva’.

Comments