Pune man attacks female friend with sickle for rejecting proposal, arrested

A woman was attacked with a sickle in Pune's Sadashiv Peth area by her friend after she refused to be in a relationship with him. The accused has been arrested.  

Pune man attacks female friend with sickle for rejecting proposal, arrested
                      Pune man attacks female friend with sickle for rejecting proposal, arrested

A Pune man attacked his female friend with a sickle on Tuesday after she refused to be in a relationship with him. The incident happened in the Sadashiv Peth area of Maharashtra’s Pune.

Both the victim and the accused were preparing for the Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) exams.

According to the victim, the accused was her friend. “The accused was my friend. I denied his proposal to be in a relationship with him. That’s when he started threatening me. He used to call. He used to beat me outside my college and used to follow me because I denied his proposal,” the victim said.

She added, “I also complained to his family but they didn’t take any action. Today he attacked me with a sickle because I told his family. I have injuries on my hand and stitches on my head. I was going to college when he asked me to talk for 5 mins. I denied that’s why he attacked me. People caught him and assaulted him, still he escaped and again attacked me.”

After the attack, the woman started running for her life. Seeing the man running behind her with a sickle, another man, identified as Leshpal Khibage, intervened and saved the girl’s life.

The accused was about to stab the girl in the head when Leshpal grabbed the sickle and stopped him from escaping.

The accused has been arrested.


Comments